Monday, June 11, 2012

A Blog Award




 Brenda from Curling Up With a Good Book gave me The {Booker} Award recently and I'm so excited about it! I love receiving blog awards and the rules for this one are great!
Thank you so much Brenda for giving me this award.  I appreciate it!

The Rules:

1. This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blogger's blog must be 50% about books (this includes writing blogs or reader blogs).
2. When you accept this award you must also share what your top five all time favorite books are. Going over five is encouraged.
3. You must pass this award on to five to ten other book blogs that you adore :)



_________________________________________________



So here are a few of my All Time Favorite Books...




Source:  Goodreads

I absolutely adore EVERY book in the Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  They just make me happy!



Source:  Goodreads

I love the Anne of Green Gables Series and pretty much anything written by L.M. Montgomery.  This book is the first book I fell in love with as a child.  I loved Anne so much, and still do I might add (:




Source:  Goodreads


I am a huge fan of Louisa May Alcott, and Little Women (along with Little Men and Jo's Boys) are among my favorites of all her work.



Source:  Goodreads


I just LOVE this book!

"If he loved  you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn't love you as much as I do in a single day."  (Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights)

And with writing like that who wouldn't!





Source:  Goodreads


I don't see how anyone who's read this book couldn't fall in love with it.  Such a powerful story!


__________________________________________________


I think you'll notice a recurring theme in the books above...all women authors & all historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment